Tuesday, August 14, 2012

THE INTEGRATED MARKETING AND BRAND STRATEGY GAME

While I haven’t beenactively blogging for quite some time, I have been busy in the land ofdeveloping brand strategies and integrated marketing for everyone else. Well, I’m backand this is the first of many blogs about strategies and solutions to grow yourbusiness, integrated marketing, tips and anything wonderfully interesting Imight run across.  But first let me tellyou what I’ve been up to. 

AGENCY LAND

 Being a communications andintegrated marketing strategist is a passion and  I love it.   It’s intense and fast. It's mufti-dimensional and mufti - platform with multiple players that you have to juggle and manage. It's left brain right brain thinking plus you are a brand strategist and a project lead all rolled into one.  You have to be knowledgeable on just about everything  but know when to get out of the way and let your team do their magic. Above all you have to make it seem seamless and not add time or concern to an already over worked client's life.   So where have I been living and breathingover the last few years. Well for starters at MediaCom Canada working onintegrated platforms for P&G’s Gillette Drafted partnered with The Score aswell as others.     From there Iwent to StarCom/MediaVest Canada and developed integrated initiatives for SilkSoya Beverages in Quebec- Savor the Difference, Kellogg’s Kashi with  Les Chefsas well as Best Conversation Ever with Wind Mobile nationally. This is just toname a few.  But more on these in futureblogs. 

 LEFT TURN TO EXPERIENTIAL

 For the last year I’ve beenserving as Director of Development at Speed XM an Experiential Marketing Agencyin Toronto.What I learned here was invaluable in terms of do’s and don’ts which are alsoto be shared in the near future. What I will say is that Experiential Marketingis an area that more marketers are starting to look at because it not onlybrings social to life it in a weird kind of way but it  was the fist kind of social networking beforethe social media explosion hit.  Now itintegrates the tools, and can provide some kick ass branded content along theway. 

So now I’m back and EnCoursestill lives doing what we do best: Providing great Strategic solutions that growbusiness and deliver results.

 I look forward to chattingwith you. Until next time.

 Ellen Smith. 


No comments: